Establishment of the Asian Journal of Dietetics (AJD) was approved at the council meeting of the Asian Federation of Dietetic Association (AFDA) during the 7th Asian Congress of Dietetics held in Hong Kong on July 9-11, 2018. The journal will be an official journal of AFDA. It will be a peer-reviewed international web journal published in English for dietitians.
The studies of dietitians are very broad, covering preventive and clinical dietetics including case report, food culture, food behavior, food preparation, nutritional epidemiology, policy, science etc. and it is often difficult to find people with expertise in these areas, making publication difficult. Publication is always required for obtaining job and promotion. For this reason, we would like to establish a journal specifically for dietitians. We will begin with tri-monthly publication and possibly increase frequency to bi-monthly or monthly depending on the number of submissions.
Submission of Manuscript
Journal office: Asian Nutrition and Food Culture Research Center,
Jumonji Univeristy, 2-1-28 Sugasawa, Niiza-City, Saitama 352-8510, Japan
- The Journal will be published on a Website. The website will be maintained by Quest-Computer in Tokyo without the charge.
- The journal‘s registered ISSN number is “ISSN2434-2688”.
- Journal office: Asian Nutrition and Food Culture Research Center,
Editors will be selected from AFDA member countries, with at least one editor from each country. The chief-editor and 5 vice chief-editors will be selected by the AFDA.
Editor-in-Chief : Shigeru Yamamoto, Japan DA
- Indian DA, Dr Seema Puri, Indian DA
- Malaysia DA, Dr. Winnie Chee, Malaysia DA
- Philippine NDS, Dr. Zenaida F. Velasco
- Taiwan DA, Dr. Chwang Leh-Chii
- Thailand DA, Sunard Taechangam,
Editor in each country/area
- Hong Kong: Gordon Cheung
- India: Jagmeet Madan
- Indonesia: Martalena Purba
- Japan: Shigeru Yamamoto
- Korea: Kyeong Sook Yim
- Malaysia: Winnie Chee
- Pakistan: Fayza Khan
- Philippine: Zenaida F. Velasco
- Singapore: Dr Lim Yen Peng
- Taiwan: Leh-chii Chwang
- Thailand: Dr. Limsuwan.
AFDA affiliated member country.
- Australia: Dietitians Association of Australia < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Submission of articles and handling charges.
- Article should be submitted to the DA office of the author’s country. The handling charge is paid to the DA of each country. Each DA can decide the amount of the charge but it should be less than 30 US dollars
- If an author’s country does not belong to the AFDA or authors need urgent publication, article may be submitted directly to the AJD office. The handling charge is maximum 30 US dollars.
Charge for publication (changed on Oct 15th)
It is 10 US dollars/printed page for all the type of articles except the invited review article is free. The charge for student is 7 US dollars/printed page (Thesis of student is encouraged to be submitted).
- Upon acceptance of an article by the Journal, the author(s) will be asked to transfer its copyright to the AFDA.
- All articles published in the Journal can be freely accessed at the website(https://jnl.calorie-smile.jp/ Available from Jan 1, 2019) .
Guide for authors
Manuscripts should be submitted by word file following the rules shown below.
- For the font, ” 12-point Times New Roman” should be used throughout the manuscript, not only for ASCII characters but also for Greek, and special for example, °, +, ×…) characters. Avoid using “Symbol” font for Greek and special characters.
- Margins of 2.5 cm should be used on all sides of an A4 sheet. Lines should be single-spaced on an A4 sheet. Do not insert extra spaces between paragraphs.
- Page numbers must be included in the bottom right-hand corner of each page, and consecutive line numbers must be shown in the left margin.
- Do not use the carriage return (Enter) at the end of lines within a paragraph.
- Turn the hyphenation option off; include only those hyphens that are essential to meaning.
- In Tables, use a tab, not spaces, to separate data points. If you use a table editor function, ensure that each data point is contained within a unique cell (i.e. do not use carriage returns within cells).
The Journal publishes four types of articles (a-d):
Original research: Concise reports of original research and manuscripts describing concepts developed from published literature will be considered. Length is not to exceed 7 printed pages. If this length is exceeded, an extra charge will be requested. In submitting a manuscript, 1 page corresponds to approximately 6,500 characters, and 1 figure of 8 cm×8 cm corresponds to 1,100 characters. Try to use black but not color.
A model for structure is as follows: a. Summary (200-250 words), b. Introduction, c. Experiment (or Materials and Methods), d. Results, e. Discussion, f. Acknowledgment(s), and g. References.
- Research note and case report; This is a brief report of scientifically sound research of limited scope, and the like. It should not exceed 3 printed pages and does not to require the formal organization of a regular paper, although a brief summary and several key words are required.
- Review; This will be received by invitation of the editor and will be subject to editorial review.
- Letter to the Editor; Constructive comments and data on papers published in this Journal will be considered. An opportunity will be provided to the authors in question. Any accompanying data and the author’s reply will be/should be limited to a printed page each.
- The first page of the manuscript should provide the title, name(s) of author(s) and complete name(s) of institution(s), number of tables and figures, a brief running head, and the name and address of the corresponding author. Authors are requested to include 4 or 5 key words (at least one or more from the title) immediately in a new line below the summary. Key words may consist of more than one word.
References should be restricted to only those that are essential, and extensive review of the literature should be avoided. References cited in the text should be numbered (in italic) in order of appearance and listed at the end of the text. The title words of journals should be abbreviated according to the Index Medicus. Examples are shown below:
- Yama S, Wang LE, May AU. The effect of soybean protein on lipid profile. J Nutr 42: 69–76. 1996.
- Cho YU. Relationship between school lunch program and Child behaviror. Annu Rev Dietetics 16: 33–50. 1996.
- Obama N. Vitamin D in human health and disease. In: Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract (Johnson LR, Alpers DH, Christensen J. Jacobson ED. Walsh JH, eds). Vol 2, p 1957-1978. 1994. Raven Press, New York.
The unit abbreviations shown below may be used without a period in accordance with the “CBE Style Manual” 6th edition, prepared by the CBE Style Manual Committee and published in 1994 by Cambridge University Press.
L, mL, µL, kg, g, mg, µg, ng. pg. mol. mmol. µmol, nmol, pmol, mol/L (mol L-1). mp. bp, y, mo, wk, d. h. min, s, MBq, kBq. Bq, Km, Vmax. pH, etc.
- Duplication of data in tables and figures should be avoided.
- Statistical Treatment
Approvement by ethics committee
A manuscript describing research on human subjects should contain a statement on the manner in which the study complied with the code of ethics of the World Medical Association (Helsinki Declaration). The protocol for human studies should be approved by the ethics committee and the author(s) should show the name of the committee and the approval number in “Materials and Methods” of the manuscript. The protocol for research on animals should also be approved by the appropriate committee in line with the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. In “Materials and Methods” of the manuscript, the author(s) should show the name of the committee and the approval number.
- Original research: Concise reports of original research and manuscripts describing concepts developed from published literature will be considered. Length is not to exceed 7 printed pages. If this length is exceeded, an extra charge will be requested. In submitting a manuscript, 1 page corresponds to approximately 6,500 characters, and 1 figure of 8 cm×8 cm corresponds to 1,100 characters. Try to use black but not color.
- Manuscripts should be submitted by word file following the rules shown below.
- Information concerning payment will be sent by the Office of AJD and Quest computer when the article is received and also accepted. We plan to use Amazon Pay and/or Pay Pal.